Address: Welcombe Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN3 2QN
Phone Number: 01793 342342
Headteacher: Jo Harding
SENDCo: Carolyn Lee and Lisa Skene (EY/Yr 1)
Email Address: email@example.com
Age Range: 4 - 11 years old
DfE Designation: Primary Mainstream Single Academy Trust
Goddard Park is a mainstream three form entry single academy trust with a nursery. We offer wraparound care; Breakfast Club and Twilights.
Our Ethos - Everybody learns, everybody cares
Our vision and values -
Goddard Park is an inclusive school that enables all members of its school community to achieve their full potential and develop a positive attitude towards lifelong learning. The school has high expectations in all areas of school life and for our wider community. The values of kindness, respect, perseverance and courage underpin our vision. We are committed to the safeguarding and well-being of all children and adults. Our behaviour approach is based upon the three expectations of being ready, respectful and safe.
Our aims are:
- to teach a progressive curriculum with an emphasis on the core subjects using an approach that builds upon the child’s knowledge, experience and understanding of discrete subjects and relevant cross curricular learning.
- to provide a range of experiences that build on children’s cultural capital:
- to provide a nurturing, calm learning environment that will meet the educational needs, and the social and emotional well-being of the school community.
- to support our children to be ready, respectful and safe, in line with our school behaviour policy.
- to teach children to appreciate, respect and celebrate the differences in us all, and the unique contributions we make regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, culture, or religion.
- to teach children to understand and contribute towards preserving the natural environment.
- to provide opportunities for personal and educational growth for all the school community.
- to ensure each child understands how to become ‘the best they can be’ and celebrates their achievements and those of others.
- to encourage children to develop their own talents and interests and participate fully throughout the life of the school and the wider community.
Our Inclusion Offer:
- Strong ethos of inclusion
- Caring, compassionate staff
- Quality First Teaching
- Calm and purposeful learning environments
- Whole school strategies to support vulnerable learners
- Effective use of additional adults where/when appropriate
- Smaller environment for vulnerable students to access at lunch times
- A variety of small group and individual interventions
- Accessibility eg access to equipment, lifts, ramps, toilets
- Engaging outdoor learning environment, including woodland, field, vegetable/flower beds
- Trips, visits, visitors and experiences to develop students’ cultural capital