Ethos & Values
The value of this term is: Honesty
Goddard Park enables all members of its vibrant school community to achieve their full potential and develop a positive attitude towards lifelong learning as global citizens.
- To teach children to understand and make a contribution towards preserving the physical environment.
- To ensure we all appreciate, respect and value a multi-cultural society both locally and globally.
- To take a pride in attending Goddard Park and being a member of our local community.
- To provide firm and consistent discipline and support a reward based behaviour policy that develops children’s self-discipline.
- To teach children to be resourceful and resilient.
- To teach children to appreciate and celebrate differences in us all and the unique contributions we make regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability or religion.
- Develop our children, staff, parents and carers awareness of place and responsibility within our family, local and global communities.
- Provide opportunities for personal and professional growth for all who work in the School community.
- To encourage children to develop their own talents and interests and participate fully throughout the life of the School.
- Provide a caring, stimulating and vibrant learning environment which will meet the social, educational and pastoral needs of the School community.
- To provide children with the tools they need to make outstanding progress supported by rigorous assessment.
- To teach a creative curriculum with an emphasis on the core subjects using a topic approach that builds upon the child’s knowledge, experience and understanding of the world.
- To ensure each child celebrates their achievements and understands how to become ‘the best they can be’.
Last Updated: 28th June 2017