Art & Design
At Goddard Park Primary, art and design has a valuable role to play in the overall ethos of this school. Art is an ongoing process through which all children are given opportunities to develop specific skills, knowledge and understanding to enable them to work in a variety of media, style and form. It enables children of all abilities to use their creative imagination to achieve their potential with guidance and given criteria. Children work individually and within a group to develop the social and personal skills. Art is not taught in isolation, although it retains its creative base and its skills and techniques. Wherever appropriate it is linked to other areas of the curriculum and gives children the opportunities to develop specific art skills and reinforces skills already established.
At Goddard Park we aim to provide the children with opportunities to:
- Show development in their ability to create images
- Work with confidence in two and three dimensions and on a variety of sizes and scales
- Experiment with a wide range of different media
- Understand and use the language of art, craft and design
- Evaluate and discuss the outcome of their work
- Develop the ability to justify decisions taken
- Realise their ideas, by sustaining a level of work from start to completion
- Recognise the difference in approach taken by artists, crafts people and designers in their work.
- Recognise that art, craft and design differ from culture to culture and reflect the times in which they were produced.
Last Updated: 24th January 2018